This agreement constitutes a contract between Guest and HILTON HEAD VACATION RENTALS or COASTAL HOME & VILLA RENTALS (hereinafter “Agent”) on behalf of the Owner of said premises.
CHECK-IN TIME BEGINS AT 4:00 p.m. Every effort is made to ensure property is ready by 4:00 p.m., but Agent cannot guarantee time. There are no exceptions for early arrivals unless the property has been released by Agent.
CHECK-OUT TIME IS 10:00 a.m. A late departure charge of $50 per hour will be assessed for violations.
DEPOSIT: The Deposit must be received by the date indicated on the front side of this Agreement in order to guarantee the reservation of said premises. The balance of the total rental fee is due on or before twenty one (21) days prior to arrival. In the event the reservation is made less than 30 days prior to arrival, full payment is expected at time of booking. A reservation fee of 3% (minimum $30) applies unless all payments are made by check or cash.
CANCELLATION: THERE IS A $50 ADMINISTRATIVE FEE FOR ALL CANCELLATIONS. When this agreement has been cancelled more than 45 days prior to date of arrival for a villa or more than 60 days prior to date of arrival for a home or for a monthly rental, a refund of deposits paid (minus a $50 cancellation fee) will be made. Cancellation between 45 days (villa) or 60 days (home) and 21 days of your arrival date will result in forfeiture of your 40% deposit (plus a $50 cancellation fee) unless property can be re-rented at full rate. Cancellation less than 21 days of your arrival date will result in forfeiture of the full amount of your rental unless property can be re-rented at full rate. Travel insurance can be purchased for 6.5% of your total rental and is highly recommended.
- Agent reserves the right to correct errors in pricing and amenities.
- Occasionally, there may be unusual circumstances (Owner of property makes the dwelling unavailable or unit is undergoing major repairs) that will result in a change of your specific premises. Agent will use all reasonable efforts to inform Guest should this happen, and Agent
will provide Guest with comparable premises when available. If comparable accommodations are not available, the Guest agrees to accept a full refund of any monies paid and any obligations hereunder are terminated.
- Equipment occasionally malfunctions and cannot be guaranteed 100% of the time. Agent will correct the problems as soon as humanly possible. An authorized employee or repairman may enter the premises to repair such equipment. Refunds will not be issued due to malfunctioning equipment including Internet access. This includes any closed amenity such as pools, hot tubs, tennis courts, weight rooms, etc. Hilton Head is a desirable developing area. Agent will not move or give refunds due to construction noise.
- GUESTS ASSUME RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE TO THIS PROPERTY OR ITS CONTENTS, DUE TO NEGLIGENCE OR MISCONDUCT ON THE PART OF THE GUEST OR THEIR INVITEES. NOTE: AN INVENTORY IS CONDUCTED BY AGENT AT THE BEGINNING OF EACH STAY AND AGAIN AT THE END OF THE STAY PRIOR TO CLEANING. A credit card will be kept on file in lieu of a security deposit and will be billed for any additional charges or damage.
- PETS ARE NOT PERMITTED IN RENTAL ACCOMMODATIONS – VIOLATORS ARE SUBJECT TO EITHER EVICTION AND/OR A $200 CHARGE FOR FLEA TREATMENT (unless property is designated as pet friendly).
- ALL PROPERTIES ARE NON-SMOKING. Should Guest or their invitees smoke inside the property Guest will be charged to remedy the situation. Guests must not throw cigarettes or ashes or any other items from the balconies.
- Lock all doors when leaving premises. Do not leave money or valuables unattended. Neither Agent nor the Owner will be held liable for any theft, or valuables left behind.
- Occupancy and use of premises and communal areas shall not be such to disturb other guests or residents. Agent has the right of entry to inspect Owner’s property at times Agent deems necessary. The Agent has the prerogative to terminate this agreement and direct disruptive guests to vacate premises without issuing refunds.
- Guests may not hang towels, garments, etc. from balconies or windows.
- 10. All trash must be placed in non-porous bags, secured and placed in designated trash service areas.
- Guests are required to keep entry and outside hallways free of any objects such as bicycles, ice chests, beach chairs, etc.
- The use of outdoor grills on balconies is strictly prohibited. (SC Fire Code).
- Should Guest have a lock out after office hours, there will be a $35 charge. The cost for lost keys is $25.00 each.
- BLANKETS, LINENS AND TOWELS ARE FOR INSIDE USE AND SHALL NOT BE TAKEN OUTSIDE THE VILLA.
- A maximum of four (4) people may occupy a one bedroom villa; six (6) people for a two bedroom villa and eight (8) people for a three bedroom villa. Occupancy levels of homes shall not exceed the listed maximum number.
- Trucks, campers, motor homes, trailers, boats, motorcycles and jet skies are prohibited in most resort boundaries.
- Each property has an individual private phone number. Outgoing long distance calls must be billed to your personal calling card or credit card.
- We can provide you with information for companies that rent items such as cribs, roll-aways, and highchairs, etc. These items can be delivered to your rental home or villa.
- All properties are cleaned prior to arrival and upon departure. Daily or interim housekeeping can be prearranged for an additional charge. Properties are provided with a starter set of the following items: trash bags, toilet paper, paper towels, dishwashing and laundry detergent.
- 20. There is a $25 service charge on returned checks.
- Homes and villas are not available for rent to vacationing students or guests under the age of 25. The person signing this agreement must occupy the premises the entire length of the reservation. Failure to adhere to this regulation will result in immediate termination of this Agreement and/or eviction.
- Neither Agent nor the Owner will be held liable for any accident or injury that may occur to Guest or their invitees during occupancy in or on the property.
Accidental Property Damage Waiver:
Accidental Property Damage Waiver provides protection to Guest for any accidental breakage or damage to rental property up to a maximum of $1000 for villas and $1500 for homes. Damage must be reported by the Guest before departure. Damage not reported by Guest will not be covered by Accidental Property Damage Waiver and Guest will be responsible for all damages incurred. Cost is 3% + tax of the total rent. This waiver protection is added to the rent unless Guest opt-out/decline protection in writing on Rental Agreement.
Travel Delay/Cancellation Insurance:
Travel Delay/Cancellation Insurance is available to Guest up to the time of final payment. It protects Guest for losses incurred because of unforeseen circumstances, illness, injuries and weather related mandatory evacuations. Once insurance is accepted, it is non-refundable. All refunds are paid directly by the insurer. For coverage questions please call insurer at 866-999-4018. Cost is 6.5% of the total rent. This insurance coverage is added to the rent unless Guest opt-out/decline coverage in writing on Rental Agreement.